Custom Search

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Google plus versus Facebook

I use Facebook a lot (on mobile phone) because of its ease of access, I don't even have to think about it - I just hit the application button or the bookmark button on my opera mini and voila! I'm updated.

I hardly log out and most people do that and constantly forget their passwords and get locked out, anyway my point here is that Facebook is sort of a lifestyle accessory and we pop in every now and then to check what's happening around the world and what our friends are up to.

Facebook recently applied timelines and some people are not happy with it even though they might not have said it. This is the type of consumer who walks out the door and barely complain and leave you for good. Enough about that though, the old stuff is what kept most of us glued to the social network and it felt like cyber "home".

If they continue to change things out of worry that people are going to start moving elsewhere or whatever, that is going to happen. My suggestion is to add to what already exists and give people the option to switch between whichever theme, background display they please like twitter!

Some of us get uncomfortable when things just change for no particular reason. The trends in other countries and other developments differ from country to country and assuming that something might work best for all is ridiculous unless it tested positive. Now how were these tests conducted, and how come the users don't know anything about it?

The transparency is questionable and it is not easy to settle on something that is not steady. Google plus is new and seems to be something worth trying out! Instead of trying it out, people might switch to it due to dissatisfaction from their current social interaction "providers".

Google+ is fresh and wow! Almost like twitter at some level and Facebook there and huh! I have been struggling to log into my Google plus account on my cell phone (Not all of us use smartphones though), no application just a long route even on my computer and that annoys me greatly and as much as I hate a spiral post to pillar, Chad Catacchio might be on to something here on TNW!

No comments:

Post a Comment